(no subject)

Ive just installed Debian 1.3.2 (bo) from a CD and would like to use KDE
Beta 4. I can only find .deb files related to hamm not bo. I have
therefore decided to compile the package from sources.

After unpacking the sources I noticed a /debian directory, so I've tried to
compile using the debian utilities. I'm new to debian and their utilities,
but would like to do things the debian way ...

This is where I run into trouble. After issuing dpkg-buildpackage an error
is returned. The debian/rules file include some of the following commands
that are not found on my system.
  	dh_clean -k
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_installdirs

I have sucessfully compiled the individual source packages using the
./configure, make ... into /tmp as a test.

What are the above commands, dpkg-buildpackage the correct way to build
from the sources ?
All help will be greatfully received.

TIA
--