Re: Diskless Debian, Shared /usr, etc...

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 03:10:57PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Sun, May 03, 1998 at 09:13:58PM -0500, Jeff Noxon wrote:
>
> > Thanks -- that was an excellent idea.  I had to massage nfsroot into
> > working with libc6, but it was a great starting point.  My client is
> > now taking up 2100K -- not bad.
>
> Could you plubish the patched nfsroot somewhere? It would be useful for
> quite a few ppl.

That's opening a can of worms.  :-)

I haven't fixed it, but I did use it to figure out what I needed to make
everything work.  In my opinion, the package is far more complicated
than it needs to be -- at least for most people.

If you want to use it (or fix it), the main thing to look at are the
different libraries.  Hamm uses libc6, while nfsroot still tries to
use libc5.

Jeff