Re: compiling kernel

> Hi!
>
> I've got a problem concerning Debian 1.3.1:
>
> I wanted to compile the kernel (2.0.9) and while making zImage, the
> following error occured: "as86 not found"
> Could you please explain me where to get this binary? The only thing I
> have is 'as' but that doesnt work!
>
> Christian

I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  Basically, you have
to install the bin86 package (I am not sure why kernel-package or
kernel-source don't depend on bin86).  Also, you should read
the READMEs that come with kernel-package and kernel-source.

Good luck.

--
Jim Crumley               |
crumley@belka.spa.umn.edu |