Re: compiling kernel

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Crumley <crumley@able.space.umn.edu> writes:

Jim> I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  Basically, you
Jim> have to install the bin86 package (I am not sure why
Jim> kernel-package or kernel-source don't depend on bin86).

	Because the kernel-source and kernel-package packages are
 arrch independent, and the bin86 requirement is an intel-ism. Since
 we do not have a means of specifying architecture specific
 dependencies, we now pepper the documentation with hints about bin86
 ;0(

	manoj
--
 The perpetual obstacle to human advancement is custom.  -- John
 Stuart Mill