apache

Hi,

This is probably off the topic, but I am having trouble configuring apache
web server (on debian bo).

The major problem is that .htaccess files don't seem to work.  Is there a
special option I have to enable to get support for these??  (I know they
used to work on my old slackware system - so apache must be able to do
them).

Anybody have an idea?

Also - is there a way to use cgi-bin's from another location than
/usr/lib/cgi-bin ?  I would like to be able to use cgi-bin's from peoples
home directorys (ie:  www.server.com/~user/cgi-bin/test.pl)

Thanks for any help,

Chris