Installing via FTP in Dselect/Deity/Apt

I've an interesting question or three.  Am I correct in the belief that
there are things on the Bo Official CD that "Suggest" or "recommend" things
that aren't on the CD?  I've found a few things, xIrc and xisp leap
immediately to mind.  On that track, why isn't it possible to tell dselect
to get files A and B from the local CD and then get recommended file C from
FTP and then install them all?  Am I missing something?  This seems like
it'd be a nice feature that I'm sure isn't there.  If there's a kludge to
get around it I'd like to know.

Later,
Adam C. Edwards          wolf@pandora.org           http://www.pandora.org/