Re: NFS IP and Microsoft for Workgroups IPX (on same bus)

G'day,

>The billvirus has IPX/SPX compatible transport with NetBIOS and Microsoft
>NetBEUI installed. Default is Microsoft NetBEUI.
>
>Question: We want to share the hard disks, but can't manage to make the
>network working with the billvirus machine. How can we achieve this ?

Okay, well your subject line starts with NFS, so I'm making a stab in the
dark here, and I'm going to assume you were planning on using NFS.

I don't know much about NFS, but one of the things that I do remember
hearing is that it's a TCP/IP system. You're only runing IPX and NetBEUI.

The Best Solution (tm) for you is to probably investigate SAMBA
(samba.anu.edu.au, if my memory serves me correctly), and install TCP/IP on
your Winblows machine. That will let you share drivers and printers between
the windows machine and the real computers <grin>. It's easy enuf to
compile from source, and is well documented, but I assume some nice person
has gone off and made a .deb package for you to use.

Hope that helps,

damon

========
Damon Muller (damon@lenore.empire.net.au)
Web Page:   www.sub.net.au/~tr      It's not a sense of humor. It's
ICQ UIN:    2920281                 a sense of irony disguised as one.
PGP Key ID: 0x232C09E1                   - Bruce Sterling