Re: Linux wont boot anymore

Did you install an internal modem when things quit working?
I've seen internal modems that cause this exact problem.
Never did figure out why :(.  The modem I tried had both
jumper selectable IRQ and I/O Port settings but could be
made to respond as a Plug'n'Play device too by jumper
settings.  I had problems with serial ports, parallel port,
and floppy anytime this particular modem was plugged in to
my ISA bus.

--Bob