Re: More on XDM?

> 	I use Accelerated X which defaults to 24 bit color.  Did you misread my
> message?  Or does xdm not use accelerated X?  I never installed xf86config,
> at least not on Linux.. I do it for freebsd and am happy with 16 bit color
> there.  :)

Xdm will use whatever is Xserver is configured.  I had my xdm using the
Acclerated-X demo server, for example.

> 	My question was that logging in remotely gives me less color than
> logging in locally.  via xdm.

If the graphics card on your remote machine can't support as many colors
as the graphics card on your local machine then you will get less colors
on the remote machine.  Xdm uses whatever X server is available on the
machine you are going to display your X session on.

-Ossama