Re: Samba config/password problem; Win95 OEMSR2

	I am not sure if osr2 forces encrypted passwords, but it sounds like a
possibility.  Can you smbclient to yourself in Linux to see if it will browse?
If that is successful, the problem is definatley password related... you set it
up as "security=user" and since windows 95 does not let you connect as (at least
in the older versions I worked with), make sure your microsoft client login
matches a unix client.
	I resorted to the encrypted passwords methods which is very annoying
when adding new users... :)  But I have a lot of NT clients, I did not test it
fully with windows 95 clients, but maybe windows 95 now forces encrypted
passwords by default as well.  And how do you setup "plain text passwords"
through NetBios in windows 95?  Can you browse the network at all?

Carroll Kong