mail server

hi,
   I'm setting up a debian box which will act as the internet connection
and mail server.
   What I'd like to do is have all mail delivered to the debian box be
retrieved by the user via POP3 and all mail sent from users (from their
win95 desktops) forwarded by the mail server to a smarthost.

   Now when I go to install the standard mail server (smail?) it offers
a couple of choices, I'm not sure which one would be appopriate.

Any help appreciated,

--
Daniel Quinlan                     daniel@netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia                  0417 677 377