Re: mail server

	Subject: mail server
	Date: Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 07:31:19PM +1000

Quoting Daniel Quinlan(daniel@netwise.net.au):

> hi,
>    I'm setting up a debian box which will act as the internet connection
> and mail server.
>    What I'd like to do is have all mail delivered to the debian box be
> retrieved by the user via POP3 and all mail sent from users (from their
> win95 desktops) forwarded by the mail server to a smarthost.
>
>    Now when I go to install the standard mail server (smail?) it offers
> a couple of choices, I'm not sure which one would be appopriate.
>
> Any help appreciated,

May I suggest www.qmail.org.  Forget Smail & Sendmail and get a good
MTA. Check the archives of the qmail list.  There are Debian users
that have qmail running, even tho it is not a debian package.  Save
yourself a LOT of grief! Use qmail!

Wayne

--
Pascal Users:
 To show respect for the 313th anniversary (tomorrow) of the