Re: LILO woes.

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 06:41:09AM -0500, Ossama Othman wrote:
> For some reason, my old lilo.conf had /dev/hda as the boot device.  After
> I upgraded, the boot device changed to /dev/hda1, same as yours.  I had
> the same problems you did, i.e. LILO would never start completely.  Also,
> something similar happened to one of our SCSI setups.  I ended up doing
> the following then everything worked:

Well, when it changes you've left an old LILO in your MBR, which is
why it doesn't work. The new one is in your boot sector instead.
You should be able to disk "FDISK /MBR" in DOS to reinstall a standard
MBR, or install the mbr package I think, to replace it, then set your
Linux root partition active.

hamish