LILO woes.

I have a non-fatal albeit annoying problem.  I'm running debian 1.3 and I
absolutly cannot get LILO to work properly.  When the machine starts to
boot the 'LI' shows up the the machine locks (have to use the reset button
ctrl-alt-del doesn't work).  The LILO is version 19.

I'm running a Cyrix 6x86MX, with a 2.1 GB samsung (I think) HD on a
Matsonic MS-5120 motherboard, which incidentally came with a really weak
manual so I don't know what IDE chipset it uses...

When I had RedHat 5 installed on this machine LILO 20 worked fine.

My lilo.conf looks like:

boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hda1
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
prompt
timeout = 50

image=/vmlinuz
   label=Linux
   read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
   label=old
   read-only

Any ideas?

Tnx, Nate

---
Nathan C. Burnett              "Everyone is born right-handed, but
nate@acm.org                      only the greatest overcome it."
http://www.cps.msu.edu/~burnet26    -Slogan, Left-Handers' Club of Ireland
            ( ( (((In Stereo Where Available))) ) )