Re: Wizard Radio...

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
  >On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 08:58:49PM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
  >> I have a serial radio device, (plugs into 25-pin serial port) which ONLY
  >> has a program for windoze whatever (3.1 and 95). Would anyone have any
  >> ideas as to how I could maybe disassemble the executable or trap the
  >                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  >
  >Funny that you ask --- reengineering is most of the time a violation of copy
      >right.

I'm not sure you're right about that, in Europe, at least.  I think that
a Directive was passed about three years ago that gives us the right to
disassemble code if it is necessary to maintain the system.  Now, if
the supplier refuses to provide code for your system, it must clearly be
necessary to disassemble what he has provided in order to maintain your
system.

I think the situation in USA is as you say.  The original poster has a
New Zealand domain...