Re: debian not working on a PC without math copro

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Alain Toussaint wrote:

> a friend of mine was trying to install debina but unfortunately he
> couldn't because her machine didn't have a math coprocessors,do you know
> if there's installation disk for this,here's the spec of his machine:

This shouldn't be too hard: at the loadlin prompt, enter the magic words

  linux no387

That should do it.

When you install lilo, you may have to put a line

  append="no387"

in /etc/lilo.conf to avoid having to type the parameter on every reboot.
Maybe a special kernel config option is enough too, I don't know.

> It has a microsoft mouse compatible trackball built into the keyboard.

If it doesn't look to linux like it's connected to your serial port, you
might have a problem getting the thing to work as a mouse. YMMV.

Cheers,

Joost