vhost popper?

I was just thinking (it's dangerous, I don't like to do it often) ... we
support quite a few virtual host customers around here.  Now, there are
solutions for http and ftp, but for email we've been using the
virtusertable capabilities of sendmail.  This works well when someone
wants to receive their email at an offsite location.  However, we have a
lot of customers who don't want (or know how to) run their own mail
server, or web server, so they come to us with a request for a virtual
host and a list of 20-30 email addresses for their employees.  It's
really hard to explain why they can have an email address like
"joe@customersdomain.com" but they have to retrieve mail from our mail
server with a username like "joe21".

So, now to the question :)  Is there a hack for popper so that it
listens to different IP addresses, and access a different
username/password database depending on which IP the request arrived at?
I hope that makes sense ... I also hope someone smarter than me has
thought about it and implemented it.  Otherwise, I may try to get my
hands dirty ... the real programmers won't like my code at all :)

Thanks,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104