I can't telnet unless I restart netbase in /etc/init.d

I can't telnet to my localhost upon boot up.  However if I stop and
restart the netbase script in /etc/init.d, I can.  Do you have any ideas
on what causes this? Another incompatible net package? I recently
downgraded to bo from hamm.  I think I got rid of most of the hamm
files.

Another question that I have is:  If there is a bug fix on a bo package,
does the fix get put into the bo directory or go into bo-updates?

                Donald Harter Jr.