Re: using SUN's monitor in PC ?

It is possible. Note that while most PC monitors these days are "multi-sync"
meaning they can run at varying hor/vert frequencies, Sun monitors are
fixed-frequency (which by the way makes them cheaper to manufacture and also
people say more reliable). There are a handful of graphics adapters which can
drive Sun monitors without anything special. There's also a site which tells you
how to build a circuit to allow you to drive it here:

http://cvs.anu.edu.au/monitorconversion/sun.html

Cheng Tang wrote:

> hi,
>
> Is there a way to use SUN's workstation monitor?
> We have some spare monitor here (machine is broken)
> but I found that the monitor cable is different
> from those in PC.  Anyone has done this before?
> Do I need a extra card or something else to use
> it? Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> --

Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com