Re: I can't telnet unless I restart netbase in /etc/init.d

In article <[🔎] 351A9B3D.D02156D1@mufn.org>,
	harter@mufn.org (Donald Harter Jr.) writes:
> I can't telnet to my localhost upon boot up.  However if I stop and
> restart the netbase script in /etc/init.d, I can.  Do you have any ideas
> on what causes this? Another incompatible net package? I recently
> downgraded to bo from hamm.  I think I got rid of most of the hamm
> files.

What error are you getting?  What is the result of a

route

command immediately after an initial boot and what is the result of the same
command after manually running the netbase script? Is there any difference
in the routes for localhost, interface lo, or network 127.0.0.0?

--
George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.