Re: using SUN's monitor in PC ?

I'm using an OLD Sun 3/60 19" monitor  with my primary machine.  The
only card I could locate that did composite sync (required for this
monitor, and perhaps for yours) was an ATI.  cables can be found for
<$30.  And yes, having no text mode is a pain.  I finally bought a 13"
640x480 monitor for $50 so I can get into the bios.  Other than that
it's great.

Jerod

Quoting Cheng Tang (ctang@uiuc.edu):
> hi,
>
> Is there a way to use SUN's workstation monitor?
> We have some spare monitor here (machine is broken)
> but I found that the monitor cable is different
> from those in PC.  Anyone has done this before?
> Do I need a extra card or something else to use
> it? Thanks for your suggestions.
>

> --

Jerod E Tufte                                        Who is John Galt?
(847)435-2112     page:800sky8888                       jolt.com/jerod
tufte@cig.mot.com      PIN1265253                       VW Corrado VR6