install troubles continue

Me again.

I've now stripped all the equipment out of the machine, except the Diamond
3D 3000, and reset all the CMOS options to their absolute most conservative.
I've also tried rewriting the boot floppy, and using other floppies.

It still reboots while trying to start up off the Rescue disk.

For what it's worth, the machine in question operates flawlessly under
Windows NT.

---
 Wolf Lochland Logan                      Ohlone Costanoan Esselen Nation
                 xue elo xonia eune - I come from the rock
 The fact is, there may be hope                  http://www.talamasca.org