Outside world sees my system, system can not see outside world.

I have been running hamm on my ipmasq'ing machine for about a month now with
no problems until 2 days ago.  I have hamm on a 486sx-25/8mb ram with no
monitor or keyboard that just does masqing to a win98 and a linux machine on
my own internal network.

The ipmasqing set up is unaffected, the 2 machines on the private network
see the internet as usual everything works.  I can even telnet into my 486
hamm system - in fact all incoming services work, ftpd, apache, samba,
etc....  I can get the the machine from my internal network or from external
sources.  My problem is when I am logged onto the hamm system, it cannot
connect to any system on my private network or the Internet - this include
telnet, ftp and any variant thereof such as http, smtp, pop3 and nfs - the
only thing that seems to work is ping - so I know it is checking with my dns
for the IP.

When I reboot, it works fine for any amount of time from 10 minutes to about
3 hours, then no outbound connections are possible until a reboot.  I have
not found anything in any of the system logs out of the ordinary.

Thanks for any info or help anyone can provide - this is reaking havoc on my
mail setup I strived for so long just to get perfect.

Jason
jbi130@mail.usask.ca