Re: install troubles continue

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Wolf Logan wrote:

: Me again.
:
: I've now stripped all the equipment out of the machine, except the Diamond
: 3D 3000, and reset all the CMOS options to their absolute most conservative.
: I've also tried rewriting the boot floppy, and using other floppies.
:
: It still reboots while trying to start up off the Rescue disk.
:
: For what it's worth, the machine in question operates flawlessly under
: Windows NT.

Just for fun, try booting from the tecra disk set - they are built with
a zImage rather than a bzImage kernel.  I know many laptops cannot boot
with a bzImage kernel; has something to do with the BIOS.  I've never
heard of a Pentium system board that couldn't do it, but there's a first
time for everything.  (What kind of BIOS do you have, anyway?)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104