Re: Stupid Question.

George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org> writes:

> Can anyone tell me how to add another address to the loopback?  In
> other words, I want 192.168.43.2 to actually be a loopback address
> in addition to 127.0.0.1

You should use the dummy interface for that.  Either compile it into
your kernel or load it as module ("modprobe dummy" or let kerneld do
its work).  Then issue the following command, and after it works, add
it to /etc/init.d/network:

   ifconfig dummy0 192.168.43.2 netmask 255.255.255.255
   route add 192.168.43.2

	Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie