HELP, I screwed up my system

Hello all:

This past weekend I did a raw install of hamm.
I have a few problems but I got it running and fairly stabilized.
Because I am "The master of disaster" I thought I would
fiddle around with the lilo.conf. I changed it such that
it now contains append="mem=64m", then ran lilo.
Now when it boots, linux tell me I have 0/0 megs of memory.
and then stops.

Can someone tell me how I can restore the old lilo/boot or
do I have to do a complete re-install of hamm again ?

NOTE: I only have the debian rescue floppy to boot from.

Thanks in advance

Peter