Re: HELP, I screwed up my system

On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 04:13:40AM -0500, Peter Iannarelli wrote:
[lilo messed up]
> Can someone tell me how I can restore the old lilo/boot or
> do I have to do a complete re-install of hamm again ?
>
> NOTE: I only have the debian rescue floppy to boot from.

Use the rescue floppy. At the syslinux prompt, use
	linux root=/dev/hda1
(assuming your regular Linux partition is the first partition on the first
IDE disk). Your system should come up regularly. Now edit the
/etc/lilo.conf, and run lilo.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking