Re: is this the end of debian?

alex@juliet.fnal.gov (Alex Romosan)  wrote on 20.03.98 in <[🔎] 199803200810.CAA13886@juliet.fnal.gov>:

> >> No it certainly is not.  We have over 300 developers.  The loss of
> >> Bruce, though not necessarily a good thing, will not destroy us.
> >>
> >                                                               ^^^
> >				  	 who is us? The developers who
> >                                        caused Bruce to leave? or the
> >                                        users ??

Bruce himself caused Bruce to leave. I still fail to understand what he's
upset about, but he sure has been upset more and more often lately.
Stress, most probably.

Anyway, Bruce hasn't been the Debian leader for quite some time now. Ian
Jackson is, and in my completely biased opinion, he's actually doing a
better job.

> of course it is the developers. as some of them made it quite clear in
> their messages they couldn't care less about the users. too bad.

>From what I see, this is just not true. People read things in mails that
really weren't there.

This is much more hot air than anything else. (Of course, that's not
really new, either. We've had hot air like this before.)

MfG Kai