Re: I am leaving Debian

daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za (Daniel Mashao)  wrote on 20.03.98 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980320091321.1703B-100000@vitasat.ee.uct.ac.za>:

> Bruce will sorely be missed by us. His departure will indeed make people
> re-evaluate whether Debian is stable enough to operate or one should
> indeed be looking for products controlled in the Red Hat manner.

May I point out that Bruce has absolutely no relation to Debian stability?

This flareup is about marketing only. I must say I have my doubts about
marketing arguments, if they come from someone who makes bad PR for Debian
whenever he's upset.

Bruce has done good things in the past. I even expect him to do more good
things in the future, and I wish him well for that.

But he should sure find a better way of handling stress.

> The question I ask myself is how far will the net-based distributioon go
> before personality problems overcome it.

It shows no signs of stopping.

MfG Kai