Re: I am leaving Debian

Bruce,

On the Thursday, 19 March 1998 8:00 you said.

> ........................ but I feel that my mission to
> bring free software to the masses really isn't compatible with Debian any
> longer, and that I should be working with one of the more mainstream
Linux
> distributions.

Your statement that "free software to the masses really isn't compatible
with Debian" is disturbing.

I have spent a considerable amount of time over the last four months
investigating and trialling Debian, over slackware and redhat, as we are in
the near future about to install some serious hardware running under Linux.
 Debian, so far, is ahead.

Can you please clarify your statement, as it appears to point to Debian
going commercial, which will lead to all sorts of nasties.

Thanks

Ian