Re: fvwm question: can I make transients take focus?

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Brian White wrote:

> Hmmm...  As long as we're talking about features...  Is there a way to
> cycle through visible windows?  I have a virtual desktop (as opposed to
> multiple desktops) and it would be wonderful if I could cycle between the
> visible windows without cycling to windows off screen (I have Fn keys
> to move between screens).

This should make meta-TAB go to the next non-iconic window on the
current page on the current desk:

Key Tab		A	M	Next [!Iconic CurrentPage] Focus

If your _really_ mean "visible" windows, you could say:

Key Tab		A	M	Next [!Iconic CurrentPage Visible] Focus

which adds the contraint that the window must also be completely
unobscured by others -- however, I don't think it's so much use (most
of my windows tend to overlap to some extent).

Bear in mind that meta-TAB is a jolly useful key combination in eg:
  bash  - dynamic history completion
  emacs - dabbrev-expand (basically a magic "do the right thing" expansion)

I have it bound to C-TAB, but don't use it much.

Also, remember that if you want to Focus and Raise, you need to write
the minimal FocusRaise function:

AddToFunc "FocusRaise" "I" Focus
+		"I" Raise

Austin