Re: fvwm question: can I make transients take focus?

> > Is there any way under fvwm2 to make all transient windows automatically get
> > focus when they appear?  It would be much more convienient than having to
> > move the mouse to that window.
>
> I don't think so.
>
> You can give focus to any window easily, but the command has to be run
> from a function, and there is no function invoked when a window is
> captured by fvwm2.
>
> I'll forward your feature-request to the fvwm mailing list.

Hmmm...  As long as we're talking about features...  Is there a way to
cycle through visible windows?  I have a virtual desktop (as opposed to
multiple desktops) and it would be wonderful if I could cycle between the
visible windows without cycling to windows off screen (I have Fn keys
to move between screens).

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm an "elly" (as in elephant).  I really
hate using the mouse.  <grin>  As opposed to a "minnie", who really likes
mice.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )