hamm installation problem

i was installing hamm tonight and i got a problem while doing so,here's
what i did:

1-:repartition my hard disk,i had a 400 meg partition as /dev/hda1,a 48
meg swap partition /dev/hda2 and a 1.1 gig /dev/hda3 partition,i separated
/dev/hda3 as 2 partition (hda 3 and hda4) and copied the base2_0.tgz file
to the hda4 partition.

2-:i beginned the installation with new rescue,driver and root disk (the
root one wasn't needed tought) and got to the point where it asked me to
point to the base install file (where it ask for the base2_0.tgz) and the
installation did somewhat like a reset pointing me to the debut (where it
ask for color on mono install),i choose color at that point and it
returned me the place it ask for the same file (base2_0.tgz) but
then,instead of letting me choose between the /dev/hda1 and the /dev/hda4
(the 2 place where base2_0.tgz would be found) it only offered me hda1 as
choice.

hope this help
Alain