snmpd weirdness

Hello,

(It's probably not a question of the package and debian, but..)

So snmpd. It seems - and some fellow admins reported that they noticed the
same effetct - that snmpd's ifInOctets and ifOutOctets are incorrect. More
specifically, they are usually the half of the real values, and in my case
it seems that ifIn and ifOut is almost the same.

I didn't find a source to verify whether some kernel value is wrong or the
snmpd counts bad but seems that the counting is done in snmpd.

Anyone noticed this effect? It's very clear when using mrtg, the graphs
are running together and the top speeds are just the half of the suspected
real speed.

bye,
peter