SMTP transaction error

Hello all,

I have just installed the debian fetchmail package and now I cannot
download mail from my server. Before I install debian fetchmail package, I
use popclient and it works perfectly. Now I change to fetchmail, it gives
me the error:

reading message 1 (2561 bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.hkstar.com

I am sure I got the pop.hkstar.com server name right. When I change back
to popclient. It also gives similar error. Can someone tell me what should
I do to fix this problem.

For more information, I include the output from fetchmail --version:

This is fetchmail release 3.8 pl 0
Taking options from command line and /home/adyc100/.fetchmailrc
Options for retrieving from adyc100@pop.hkstar.com:
  Protocol is POP3.
  Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
  Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
  Fetched messages will not be kept on the server (--keep off).
  Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush off).
  Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled (--norewrite off).
  Carriage-return stripping is disabled (--stripcr off).
  Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: Mozart
  1 local name(s) recognized (by default).
  DNS lookup for multidrop addresses is enabled.
  No UIDs saved from this host.

Thanks in advance!!

Anthony

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have
found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we
feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a
higher level and about more important things."
            Posted outside the mathematics reading room, Tromso University