Re: SMTP transaction error

"A.D.Y. Cheng" <adyc100@hkstar.com> writes:

[snip]

> reading message 1 (2561 bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.hkstar.com
>
> I am sure I got the pop.hkstar.com server name right. When I change back
> to popclient. It also gives similar error. Can someone tell me what should
> I do to fix this problem.

The output of `fetchmail --verbose' would help too, as well as your
.fetchmailrc (without your password).

But anyway, I think the problem is that fetchmail can't deliver the
mail to the MTA on your computer.  It's trying to send to a computer
named "Mozart"; is this in /etc/hosts?  If you `telnet Mozart 25' do
you get a response starting with "220"?

If you're running smail, you might need to reconfigure it with
`smailconfig'.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."