mgetty voice/fax/data

Did anyone respond to my email?  I lost a days worth of messages from this
list.

I have a SupraFAXModem 288i v.34 (33.6kbs) and I'm wondering how to
configure mgetty to distinguish voice/fax/date calls and use caller id.

>From looking at the mgetty logs, mgetty sends "AT+FAA=1" to my modem after
the init_chat initialization strings.. +FAA=1 is 'Adaptive Answering' for
class 2 fax modems, which distinguishes between fax and data.  There is
another type of answering called 'Silent Answer Plus' (AT+FAA=4 for class
2) that also determines voice.  What is the deference between silent
answer and adaptive?  Does mgetty support silent answer?  And how can I
send the +FAA=4 command to my modem instead of +FAA=1?

For caller id, what format does mgetty expect it to be in?  My modem
supports 'readable format' (#CID=1) and 'ascii printable characters in
hex' (#CID=2).  Also, how do I tell mgetty to use caller id and look at
the dialin.config file?

Finally, how can I monitor what mgetty is doing?  I want smbclient to send
a message with the caller id strings to another machine when a voice call
is detected.

Anyone have experiance with this type of setup?  If so, I'd like to hear
from you (please also include your modem type).

Thanks
-Paul