Re: Fetchmail & Smail Problems

Hi,

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Welcome in the club, you are using smail 3.2.0.100-x, don't you?

No. 3.2.0.92-3. I`m using bo.

After trying some configurations with smailconfig I managed to sent
mail.
But ftechmail still doesn`t work, It`s a general problem I think, as I
wrote
in my previous post telneting to the localhost doesn`t work also.
Connection
is refused. Any ideas?

> looks ok. You can try to give fetchmail the dma option and use procmail. I

I tried that: (procmail 3.10.4-2)

$fetchmail -v -k -m "/usr/bin/procmail"

It worked but elm (2.4pl25ME+31-5) complained that the folder is
corrupted. Man
page says:

       If running suid root or  with  root  privileges,  procmail
       will  be able to perform as a functionally enhanced, back­
       wards compatible mail delivery agent.

Isn`t it possible to run as a non-root user?

Is there any other options to use as MDA? Preferably, how can I solve
`connection
refuse` problem?

Thanks.
--