Re: Debian Linux and Non-Free Packages.

> > Great proposition. Unfortunately, both lesstif and gtk developers
> > flamed me heavily while I was lurking on their lists :) May be it's my
> > problem though...
>
> could be.  it's hard to imagine that a lurker would get flamed.  people
> usually only get flamed for saying something annoying.

Oh, yeah. I was saying very annoying things. Like the one that gtk people
broke the X naming conventions. And that the goal of lesstif is
theoretically unachievable in a way it is stated on their homepage
due to the nature of X...

> > Do you use Netscape? :)
>
> yes. netscape has enough utility value to offset the non-freeness.
>
> as i said, open source is only ONE of my criteria. a very important one,
> but not the only one. fortunately, netscape is being released as an open
> source project next month so this anomaly will be gone.

Yes, but I wouldn't get that excited about it. Remember, Netscape uses
Motif (and as any other decent Motif product, not only Motif, but some
other add-on *commercial* widgets).

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--