Re: Fetchmail & Smail Problems

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 11:21:42AM +0000, Deniz Dogan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m getting this error:
>
> $fetchmail -k -v
> [snip]
> fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
> fetchmail: POP3< +OK 7064 octets
> reading message 1 (7064 bytes)
> fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
> fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
> fetchmail: POP3<                          ListProcessor 6.0
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
> service.raksnet.com.tr
> fetchmail: normal termination, status 9
>
> And I can`t telnet to localhost.
> My /etc/hosts.deny has the `ALL: ALL` line,
> /etc/hosts.allow has `ALL: 127.0.0.1`.
>
> I`m also having trouble with smail, configured as internet
> site uses smarthost for all outgoing mail. In logs there is no
> error, but I the mails sent are lost. Local delivery works.

Welcome in the club, you are using smail 3.2.0.100-x, don't you?

Downgrade. Smail is severly broken at the moment in hamm.Your configuration
looks ok. You can try to give fetchmail the dma option and use procmail. I
wonder why outbond mail does not work for you, it works for me with the same
configuration (and the new smail, yes, I'm brave).

If you send me your /etc/smail directory and your .fetchmailrc, I can give a
look (be sure to blend all passwords and usernames out). This could help the
development of smail in hamm.

Thank you,
Marcus