Re: Seagate Baraccuda drives and Adapetc AHA1460 controller prob.

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> wrote:
> I'll try disabling both of these & see how things go.  Are either of
> these likely to cause intermittent access problems?  Given that
> running badblocks doesn't produce any kernel error messages, it
> occurs to me that this could be a disconnect/reconnect issue.
> 'Synchronous SCSI' is disabled when the driver is loaded; I don't
> think it should be re-enabling itself later.

I am not sure that I have seen either of these cause problems in an
intermittant fashion.

> SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 3 lun 0 return code = 27010000
> scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 56410, absolute sector 56442

None of my documentation has an error code even remotely close to the
format of the one above.  You might want to look at the scsi code header
files or contact the drive manufacture on the chance that it is a 'sense
key' message from the drive.

--
best,
-bill