Seagate Baraccuda drives and Adapetc AHA1460 controller prob.

Please reply direct as I'm not subscribed to debian-user...

Does anyone have any experience with the Adaptec 1460
SlimScSI PCMCIA card?  I have a Seagate Baracuda (rebadged as SUN
Microsystems) drive I'm trying to use with my laptop through this
card.  The card recognises the drive, spins it up, I can run cfdisk
against to disk, create f/s etc.

However, when I begin to use the f/s I get a pile of errors attempting
to access different sectors on the drive.  I dutifully run badblocks
(even use the write-test), no errors are reported.  Rebuild f/s, start
writing files to it again, scsi errors return.

I've check all the obvious things (cables, termination etc).
The drive had been working without problem while attached to a
SUN Sparc5.  Do I need to do a low-level reformat?  cfdisk
complained about the lack of a partition table but seem to retrieve
the disk geometry OK.

All suggestions greatfully accepted as I have a couple of debian
packages waiting on this disk space.

--
Stephen
---