C locale

	I recently installed Debian 1.3.1 and keep getting the following
errors concerning the C locale. This first one is given whenever I install
most debian packages (assumably the ones whose scripts use perl).

perl: warning: Setting locale failed for the categories:
        LC_CTYPE LC_COLLATE
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_CTYPE = (unset),
        LC_COLLATE = (unset),
        LANG = "us"
perl: warning: Falling back to the "C" locale.

	This one I have been getting whenever I start emacs under X
windows.

Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

	Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time,

Corey Miller

---
Corey Miller          "This looks like a job for ..... legal tender!"
MSTie #71940                           -The Tick
corey.miller@bigfoot.com
http://www.egr.msu.edu/~mille542/