Re: sendmail configuration

RUSSELL COOK hat gesagt: // RUSSELL COOK wrote:
> Hello All, I have a small lan at home, ip masquerading, and a dial
> up ISP. My debian machine is p90.mydomain. My ISP is icon.net. My
> account on p90.mydomain is rcook. My account with my ISP is russcook.
> When I try to send mail from my debian machine, it reads from:
> rcook@icon.net. How can I configure my debian machine so my mail reads
> from: russcook@icon.net?

I solved a very similar problem by using the genericstable-feature.

Just put this

8<-------------- snip ---------------------------------->8
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
FEATURE(genericstable)dnl

at the end of your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and create a file
/etc/genericstable with user/mailname pairs inside like this

8<------ /etc/genericstable ----------------------->8
rcook russcook@icon.net

Rerun sendmailconfig and cross thumbs :)

--
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin