Re: aha2920, "no disk found"

On 21 Feb 98 at 13:48, debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:00:32 CST, TW Kayos wrote:
> > doesn't anyone have experience installing Debian on this hardware?

> What makes you think aic7xxx supports your controller?

Well, the Hardware Compatibility HOWTO says the Adaptec 2920 is supported.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO.html

Since I have a win95 machine with a 2920 (win95 identifies it as a Future
Domain card and seems happy with that identification) that I intend to add
Debian to, this is of interest to me.

Richard B. Talley <olny@nmia.com>

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to
be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had very little chance of reading
a document written on another computer, another word processor, or another network."
-Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996
quoted at 'Best Viewed With Any Browser'
http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/