Re: aha2920, "no disk found"

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:00:32 CST, TW Kayos wrote:
> doesn't anyone have experience installing Debian on this hardware?
> Perhaps
> the card should be removed from the "working" hardware list, as it
> doesn't
> work with linux.

What makes you think aic7xxx supports your controller?

/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.32/drivers/scsi/README.aic7xxx says:

 Supported cards/chipsets
  ------------------------
    Adaptec Cards
    -----------------------
    AHA-274x
    AHA-2842
    AHA-2940
    AHA-2940W
    AHA-2940U
    AHA-2940UW
    AHA-2944D
    AHA-2944WD
    AHA-3940
    AHA-3940W
    AHA-3985
    AHA-3985W

I looked around and didn't see any mention of the 2920 anywhere.

If this is one of those mobos with the built in aic7xxx chipsets, then
you might try to see if there's a newer kernel and driver for your card
at:

  http://www.linuxhq.com

There's also the possibility that your card uses another driver, but
since I didn't see it listed, I wouldn't be able to say which one.

--
D a v i d   S t e r n