Re: aha2920, "no disk found"

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 16:36:25 MST, "Richard B. Talley" wrote:
> On 21 Feb 98 at 13:48, debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:00:32 CST, TW Kayos wrote:
> > > doesn't anyone have experience installing Debian on this hardware?
>
> > What makes you think aic7xxx supports your controller?
>
> Well, the Hardware Compatibility HOWTO says the Adaptec 2920 is supported.
> http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO.html

The hardware howto does not say that the 2920 is supported by the
aic7xxx driver, it only says that the 2920 is supported, and since the
aic7xxx support list does not show the 2920, it's probably not
supported by aic7xxx , at least not in the released version.

Do you have some evidence that the 2920 is an aic7xxx ?  I already told
you that if it's a newer model you might have to look at the
development drivers.

If you use an incorrect driver (or version), don't expect it to work.
--
D a v i d   S t e r n