modconf & whiptail

Hello everyone, I am trying to install modconf but it depends on whiptail.
Whiptail is not a package.  I installed newt0.20 (gave me
/usr/bin/whiptail) but that did not help.  There has been discussion abot
this topic but no one really knows what to do about this situation.  There
was a possible responce to this and that was to get the latest modconf &
whiptail from the incoming.  My question is this how do I get to the
incoming directory?  Does anyone have any ideas in this particular
situation.
Paul