Re: Man does not display tables

Niccolo Rigacci <fd131@cleveland.freenet.edu> writes:

> I installed Debian 1.3.1 from the Official CD. I installed the packages
> that dselect suggests.
>
> I found that the man program don't understand some tags. For example in
> the /usr/man/man4/console_codes.4.gz file I see the following that is
> supposed to be a table:

[man source deleted]
> But when I run "man console_codes" I get the following output:
>
>    ESC- but not CSI-sequences
>        l l l.  ESC  c     RIS  Reset.   ESC  D     IND  Linefeed.
>        ESC  E    NEL  Newline.   ESC  H     HTS  Set  tab stop at
>        current column.   ESC  M     RI   Reverse  linefeed.   ESC
>        Z     DECID     DEC  private  identification.  The  kernel

This is not present in the soon to come Debian 2.0 (code freeze is
scheduled for march).

I will add this to the debian user FAQ on
http://www.debian.org/cgi-bin/fom?file=1&showEditCmds=1

Thanks,

Jens
---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37