Re: kernel + SB 16 PnP

Lothar Krenzien wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have two questions :
> 1.) I think I have an unvalid command in the /etc/init.d/  directory so
> that this command will be called on every time I start the system.
> That´s why I can´t boot the system and it hangs up. How can I delete
> this command ? The kernel looks ok. When I boot from a floppy disk I get
> always into the Debian installation menu. Executing a shell from there
> doesn´t matter, because I can´t access my original directorys and files

Boot from floppy, but before you get a shell, mount your previously
inited
root partition.  Then, having exited to shell, you can access
/target/etc/init.d/whatever  (at least I think it's /target, it's beeen
awhile, do a df to be sure where root is mounted).
> :
>
> 2.) How can I initialize a Soundblaster 16 PnP card to work under Debian
> 1.3.1.?  I created and also edited a config file with pnpdump. But when
> I try using isapnp with this configuration file in a shell script I get
> always an error : command not found. I changed the permissions and tryed
> it again on a command line and it worked. But how can I initialize the
> card on boot time ?

Sorry, I can't help with this - my sound is still not working.
(I could have just said "My sound is still."  but that might have been
obscure :-)

> Greetings Lothar
>
> --

Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net